This is an ongoing role opening. Volunteers are always needed.
Volunteer to bring the WiA Org Mission to Life
Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network surrounded by people of all genders.
Women in Agile is looking for dynamic volunteers to help us further our mission. Volunteers play a critical role in expanding our vision through sharing member stories, hosting and planning events, growing our sponsorship network, and increasing the visibility of the WiA organization at the local and global level. We believe that diverse connections lead to diverse solutions. Together, we can change the future. Join us.
Volunteers are also expected to agree to and uphold WiA’s Code of Conduct.
Team Member: Seeding Local Communities
Members of the WiA Seeding Local Communities Program Team facilitate how WiA makes an impact through supporting local groups and local group leaders/organizers. People in this role will help grow and nurture local groups worldwide while ensuring alignment to the Women in Agile Org mission, code, and standards.
Seeding Local Communities Program Vision
We believe local, face-to-face communities provide sustainable benefits year-round for our members. The impact of this program focuses on:
- Build local communities
- Increase local opportunities and connections
- Program Activities
- Provide guidance, promotion, and resources to launch and nurture local groups
People in this role will typically engage in the following activities:
- Vet inquiries to start a local group
- On-board new groups
- Administer Meetup account, and adding of new groups and removal of inactive groups
- Administer Zoom account, setting up invites for Local events
- Monitor the Local email inbox for inquiries, and address or route appropriately
- Engage, nurture and motivate the community of Local Leaders & Organizers.
- Identify opportunities to improve the operations/processes of the program so it is sustainable and scalable as the number of groups grows. Ways to work smarter not harder.
- Share feedback and opportunities to shape the program vision and impact initiatives.
Expectations & Commitments
People in this role will have the following expectations:
- Minimum 6-month commitment as a volunteer for the program team.
- Availability of at least 2-4 hours a week to engage in program activities and operations
- Attend monthly WiA Org Operations Team meetings and/or Program Team Meetings
- Check WiA provided email and Slack once per day to respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Attend Monthly Community of Practice calls as well as biweekly Local Program meetings to coordinate work with the team
People in this role should have:
- Stories of how WiA has made an impact on them as a WiA Member
- Experience as a Women in Agile Group leader
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Creative, innovative thinking
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Comfort using and administering a variety of technology platforms (Google Apps, Zoom, Meetup, etc.)