This is an ongoing role opening. Volunteers are always needed.
Volunteer to bring the WiA Org Mission to Life
Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network surrounded by people of all genders.
Women in Agile is looking for dynamic volunteers to help us further our mission. Volunteers play a critical role in expanding our vision through sharing member stories, hosting and planning events, growing our sponsorship network, and increasing the visibility of the WiA organization at the local and global level. We believe that diverse connections lead to diverse solutions. Together, we can change the future. Join us.
Volunteers are also expected to agree to and uphold WiA’s Code of Conduct.
Team Member: Scholarships
Members of the WiA Scholarships Program Team facilitate how WiA makes an impact through promoting growth and engagement by increasing accessibility to training and conferences while alleviating the financial constraint. People in this role will support the operations for the program, processes, and Scholarship selection committee coordination while ensuring alignment to the Women in Agile Org mission, code, and standards.
Scholarships Program Vision
We believe deserving members should have an opportunity to overcome financial constraints related to training or conference attendance, promoting growth and engagement in the Women in Agile community. The impact of this program focuses on:
- Providing financial resource and network access for class and conference attendance
People in this role will typically engage in the following activities:
- Monitor the Scholarship Awards inbox for inquiries and address or route appropriately
- Administer applications and responses
- Complete eligibility assessments
- Vet training and conference providers
- Support and track dispersement operations
- Capture results and impact of the program
- Amplify awareness of the scholarship program
- Identify opportunities to improve the operations/processes of the program so it is sustainable and scalable as the number of groups grows. Ways to work smarter not harder.
- Share feedback and opportunities to shape the program vision and impact initiatives.
Expectations & Commitments
People in this role will have the following expectations:
- Minimum 6-month commitment as a volunteer for the program team.
- Availability of at least 2-4 hours a week to engage in program activities and operations
- Attend monthly WiA Org Operations Team meetings and/or Program Team Meetings
- Check WiA provided email and Slack once per day to respond to inquiries in a timely manner
People in this role should have:
- Stories of how WiA has made an impact on them as a WiA Member
- Experience as a Women in Agile Group leader
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Creative, innovative thinking
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Ability to optimize and streamline processes
- Comfort using and administering a variety of technology platforms (Google Apps, Zoom, Meetup, etc.)