This is an ongoing role opening. Volunteers are always needed.
Volunteer to bring the WiA Org Mission to Life
Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network surrounded by people of all genders.
Women in Agile is looking for dynamic volunteers to help us further our mission. Volunteers play a critical role in expanding our vision through sharing member stories, hosting and planning events, growing our sponsorship network, and increasing the visibility of the WiA organization at the local and global level. We believe that diverse connections lead to diverse solutions. Together, we can change the future. Join us.
Volunteers are also expected to agree to and uphold WiA’s Code of Conduct.
Team Member: Marketing & Communications
Members of the WiA Marketing & Communications Program Team facilitate how WiA makes an impact through expanding the reach of the WiA message. People in this role will help grow our overall brand reach while ensuring alignment to the Women in Agile Org mission, code, and standards.
Marketing & Communications Program Vision
We believe there should be a spotlight on the talent and wisdom women bring to the global agile community. The impact of this program focuses on:
- Increasing reach of the WiA Org brand
- Expanding reach and exposure of what happens within WiA Local Communities
- Keeping WiA Org Members up-to-date on WiA initiatives and programs
- Maintaining brand standards
- Amplifying the voices of WiA members and content relevant for the WiA Mission across multiple channels
People in this role will typically engage in the following activities:
- Regularly engage in social media on behalf of WiA Org
- Participate in creating, maintaining and executing a content strategy for all WiA Marketing & Communication channels
- Support program team members working on other WiA programs so that their needs are met
- Identify opportunities to improve the operations/processes of the program so it is sustainable and scalable as the organization grows
- Share feedback and opportunities to shape the program vision and impact initiatives.
Expectations & Commitments
People in this role will have the following expectations:
- Minimum 6-month commitment as a volunteer for the program team
- Availability of at least 2-4 hours a week to engage in program activities and operations
- Attend monthly WiA Org Operations Team meetings and/or Program Team Meetings
- Check WiA provided email and Slack once per day to respond to inquiries in a timely manner
People in this role should have:
- Stories of how WiA has made an impact on them as a WiA Member
- Experience executing marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Creative, innovative thinking
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Comfort using and administering a variety of technology platforms (Google Apps, WordPress, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Canva, SquadCast, etc.)