This is an ongoing role opening. Volunteers are always needed.
Volunteer to bring the WiA Org Mission to Life
Women in Agile is a collective effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network surrounded by people of all genders.
Women in Agile is looking for dynamic volunteers to help us further our mission. Volunteers play a critical role in expanding our vision through sharing member stories, hosting and planning events, growing our sponsorship network, and increasing the visibility of the WiA organization at the local and global level. We believe that diverse connections lead to diverse solutions. Together, we can change the future. Join us.
Volunteers are also expected to agree to and uphold WiA’s Code of Conduct.
Team Member: Launching New Voices
Members of the WiA Launching New Voices Program Team facilitate how WiA makes an impact through enabling new voices within the global WiA community to showcase their wisdom and talent. People in this role will help execute program operations for LNV events while ensuring alignment to the Women in Agile Org mission, code, and standards.
Launching New Voices Program Vision
We believe new voices power our diversity. We seek to lower the barriers to entry, while empowering and amplifying those voices. The impact of this program focuses on:
- Providing a platform where new speakers and writers can get started
- Pairing proteges with experienced mentors who guide them and provide support
- Planning and executing LNV events where proteges are featured as speakers
People in this role will typically engage in the following activities:
- Co-create and continuously iterate on the LNV roadmap, ensuring initiatives align with key objectives, including measuring the success of the program
- Recruit, select and support proteges and mentors for the LNV program
- Lead the execution and enablement of LNV events at conferences
- Coordinate with conference sponsors and planners where LNV events are featured
- Fielding inquiries and responding to questions about the LNV
- Inspire mentors and proteges to share the story of their experience and the impact they created as well as align with WiA Marketing & Communications to showcase their stories
- Identify opportunities to improve the operations/processes of the program so it is sustainable and scalable as the organization grows
- Share feedback and opportunities to shape the program vision and impact initiatives
Expectations & Commitments
People in this role will have the following expectations:
- Minimum 6-month commitment as a volunteer for the program team
- Availability of at least 2-4 hours a week to engage in program activities and operations
- Attend monthly WiA Org Operations Team meetings and/or Program Team Meetings
- Check WiA provided email and Slack once per day to respond to inquiries in a timely manner
People in this role should have:
- Stories of how WiA has made an impact on them as a WiA Member
- Experience executing marketing strategies and tactics
- Proven ability to work well with others
- Creative, innovative thinking
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Comfort using and administering a variety of technology platforms (Google Apps, WordPress, Sessionizer, etc.)