The sixth episode of the Women in Agile Podcast Coaching Agile Teams Mini-Series brings you the first part of a deep discussion between Lyssa Adkins and our host Leslie Morse where they unpack multiple dimensions of the pathway to becoming an Agile Coach.
During this discussion you’ll start collecting tips, tricks, and pointers for reflection as you consider forming your own agile coach journey. There are things in here for those new to agile coaching as well as those tackling more advanced topics.
Some of the topics covered in this episode include:
- Agile coaching as a discipline or profession versus agile coach as a role or title.
- Potential implications of hierarchy within agile coaching roles.
- The importance of inner-work and vertical development.
- Challenges evaluating the capabilities of those practicing agile coaching.
This episode concludes with Lyssa and Leslie opening a discussion on the intersection of professional coaching and agile coaching. They specifically start looking at the topic of ethics. Be sure to tune in to next week’s episode to hear the conclusion of this discussion.
- ICAgile Learning Roadmap Agile Coaching Track
- ICAgile Learning Roadmap Enterprise Coaching for Agility Track
- Personal Agility System
- William R. Tobert’s work on Action Logics – Best described in this Harvard Business Review article: Seven Transformations of Leadership
- Scrum Alliance Path to Coaching program and free resources
- Agile Alliance Coaching Ethics Initiative
You can learn more about this series of episodes by visiting www.womeninagile.org/cat.
The Women in Agile community champions inclusion and diversity of thought, regardless of gender, and this podcast is a platform to share new voices and stories with the Agile community and the business world, because we believe that everyone is better off when more, diverse ideas are shared.
Connect with us on social media!
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/womeninagile/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/womeninagile/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/womeninagileorg
Please take a moment to rate and review the Women in Agile podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. This is the best way to help us amplify the voices and wisdom of the talent women and allies in our community! Be sure to take a screenshot of your rating and review and post it on social media with the hashtag #womeninagile. This will get you entered to a monthly drawing for a goodie bag of Women In Agile Org swag!