April 7, 20201 | Return to the 2021 Archive | Return to Podcast Library
This episode of the “Coaching Agile Teams” Mini-Series on the Women in Agile Podcast brings you Part 2 of a discussion on the art and science of team coaching and group facilitation. During this episode, Lyssa Adkins and our host, Leslie Morse, focus on the topic of group facilitation before wrapping the overall discussion by circling back to team coaching as they touch on co-leadership and co-facilitation. One of the most important reminders in this episode might be the guidance around the 2:1 ratio for facilitator preparation, and the reinforcement of how important preparation is when creating a container where large groups collaborate.
- ICAgile Agile Team Facilitation Learning Outcomes
- “Collaboration Explained: Facilitation Skills for Software Project Leaders” by Jean Tabaka
- “The Art & Science of Facilitation: How to Lead Effective Collaboration with Agile Teams” by Marsha Acker
- Liberating Structures
- International Association of Facilitators (IAF)
- IAF Code of Ethics
- Alchemy: The Art and Science of Co-Facilitation course from CRR Global (Find Right, Reaffirm, Redirect)
You can learn more about this series of episodes by visiting www.womeninagile.org/cat.
The Women in Agile community champions inclusion and diversity of thought, regardless of gender, and this podcast is a platform to share new voices and stories with the Agile community and the business world, because we believe that everyone is better off when more, diverse ideas are shared.
- Podcast Library: www.womeninagile.org/podcast
- Women in Agile Org Website: www.womeninagile.org
Connect with us on social media!
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/womeninagile/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/womeninagile/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/womeninagileorg
Please take a moment to rate and review the Women in Agile podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. This is the best way to help us amplify the voices and wisdom of the talent women and allies in our community! Be sure to take a screenshot of your rating and review and post it on social media with the hashtag #womeninagile. This will get you entered to a monthly drawing for a goodie bag of Women In Agile Org swag!
About our Host
Leslie Morse is an agilist at heart. She was leveraging agile practices and appreciating agile principles long before she even knew what they were. Her agile journey officially started in 2010 and she never looked back. Her career has taken many twists and turns. She led a digital marketing start-up in college, was involved with replatforming Lowes.com while they adopted agile practices, provided training and coaching for agile transformation across a wide array of industries, and now serves as the Product Owner of Professional Development Solutions for Scrum.org. She is a trained and certified in Organization and Relationship Systems Coaching (ORSC) and has been involved in the Women in Agile movement since its original inception at Scrum Gathering 2013 in Las Vegas. You can connect with Leslie on LinkedIn.