February 24, 2021 | Return to the 2021 Archive | Return to Podcast Library
The fifth episode of The Coaching Agile Teams Mini-Series features special guest Kory Stamper. The conversation with Lyssa Adkins, Kory Stamper and Leslie Morse twists and turns through a variety of topics all inspired by the ah-ha moment Lyssa had when listening to Kory’s Women in Agile 2020 keynote. It caused her to take a step back and really look at the words she used in the “Coaching Agile Teams” book. Lyssa had already taken note of how militaristic language showed up in her 2010 descriptions of what it took to successfully deliver value, and Kory’s session opened her eyes to an entirely new set of considerations. Spoiler alert, nothing really changed in the book.
Enjoy the dance between moments of lightness and serious inquiry within this episode. You’ll learn more about parts of speech, be exposed to new vocabulary, and be challenged to get curious about how you use language.
About the Featured Guest
Kory Stamper is a Philadelphia based Lexicographer, Author, Speaker, and Speechwriter. She was the keynote for the 2020 annual Women In Agile conference, has been a prior guest on the Women in Agile podcast series, and is globally recognized as an expert on language and the way it evolves.
- Follow Kory on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/korystamper/)
- Follow Kory on Twitter @KoryStamper (https://twitter.com/KoryStamper)
- Follow Kory on Instagram @harmless_drudge (https://www.instagram.com/harmless_drudge)
- “Word by Word: The Secret Life of Dictionaries” by Kory Stamper
- Watch Kory’s Keynote from the 2020 Women In Agile Conference (begins at 22:30)
- Listen to Kory on the Women in Agile Podcast Series: Why Changing Language is an Agile Process
You can learn more about this series of episodes by visiting www.womeninagile.org/cat.
The Women in Agile community champions inclusion and diversity of thought, regardless of gender, and this podcast is a platform to share new voices and stories with the Agile community and the business world, because we believe that everyone is better off when more, diverse ideas are shared.
- Podcast Library: www.womeninagile.org/podcast
- Women in Agile Org Website: www.womeninagile.org
Connect with us on social media!
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/womeninagile/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/womeninagile/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/womeninagileorg
Please take a moment to rate and review the Women in Agile podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. This is the best way to help us amplify the voices and wisdom of the talent women and allies in our community! Be sure to take a screenshot of your rating and review and post it on social media with the hashtag #womeninagile. This will get you entered to a monthly drawing for a goodie bag of Women In Agile Org swag!