President Women in Agile Org.
The President of Women in Agile (WiA) Org. serves as the strategic leader accountable for making our mission a reality. The person in this role defines our vision, inspires the board and volunteers, and provides structured leadership for how we operationalize to achieve our goals.
- Lead the strategic planning for how WiA Org fulfills our mission
- Overall fiduciary oversight of the organization in collaboration with the Treasurer
- Ensuring that funds are spent efficiently, aligning with strategy, and overhead is not at an excess per 501(c)(3) policies
- Serve as person of record for the org (bank account, mailing address, etc.)
- Fulfill obligations of the President as outlined in the WiA Org Bylaws, including but not limited to:
- Presiding at all meetings of the Members and Executive Officers
- Providing general and active management of the business of the Board of Directors
- Ensure all orders and resolutions are reported to members as needed
- Have general superintendence and direction of all other officers of this corporation and see that their duties are properly performed
- Submit a report of the operations of the program for the fiscal year to the Board of Directors and members at their annual meetings, and form time to time, shall report to the Board of Directors all matters that may affect this program
Characteristics & Qualifications
- Active member of WiA Org in good standing
- Understanding of Agile methods, the global Agile community offerings and rhythms (e.g. conferences, certifications, main players/partners)
- Passion for DE & I and the advancement of the Agile and tech industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication & organizational skills
- Strategic development & decision making skills & framework experience
- Basic understanding of non profit management guidelines in the United States (https://www.stayexempt.irs.gov/home/resource-library/virtual-small-mid-size-tax-exempt-organization-workshop | https://www.councilofnonprofits.org/ )
- Experience managing and leading teams toward impactful outcomes
- Availability of average 2-5 hours per week but up to 10 hours per week to devote to Women in Agile initiatives & running of the organization
- Experience in fund raising & coordination of donation campaigns (corporate or personal)
- Non profit or other board/user group leadership experience
- Application experience (Google suite, WordPress, Zoom, Trello, Doodle, Canva)
- Leadership certification or certificate
- DE & I Training
- Current Agile Certifications (e.g. SAFe, Scrum.org, Scrum Alliance etc.)
Term & Commitments
- The term for the role of President is two (2) years, and may be extended for no more than a total of three (3) terms.
- Attend at least 75% of the monthly board meetings.