Mentee Eligibility Requirements
The following eligibility requirements must be met for an applicant to qualify for consideration as a mentee.
- Must be a member of the Women in Agile organization in good standing; join here
- Must identify as a female or non binary
- Intended for professionals active or in transition, as opposed to students
- Must have an interest in furthering knowledge and/or a career in the agile community
- Must demonstrate a clear case on how the requested mentorship will enhance career growth and engagement in the Agile community
- Must agree to meet at least once per month with assigned mentor
- Must agree to provide feedback mid- and post-program on mentorship effectiveness
- Must complete the full application in its entirety. Incomplete applications will be considered ineligible
- Must submit the application during the designated 2023 open period
Any exceptions to the Eligibility Requirements would be reviewed on a case by case basis, with final decision at the discretion of the selection committee.
Mentee Application and Review Process
Mentorship is a competitive and transparent process wherein applications are judged on their merit, as well as against all applications. Mentees will be selected as a result of a thorough review process that seeks to maximize community impact with available mentors.
- Apply: The applicant submits online through the designated application form.
- Review: WiA mentorship selection committee reviews the applications by the deadline. The mentorship selection committee is comprised of vetted Women in Agile members, without conflict of interest, and committed to a non discriminatory selection process that meets the stated requirements and criteria.
- Short List: The mentorship selection committee will reject applications that do not meet all the stated “Eligibility Requirements”.
- Rank: The selection committee evaluates the remaining eligible applications using the “Selection Criteria”, to rank the applications and prioritize those that will be matched to available mentors.
- Finalize decision: The selection committee makes final selections, and initiates acceptance and rejection communications to the submitters.
Applications are only accepted within the open period in 2023 based on mentor availability.
- Mentee applications open for submittal – December 21, 2022
- Mentee applications close for submittal – January 31, 2023
- Selection committee scoring and selection – February 1-12, 2023
- Notifications sent to submitters – February 13, 2023
- Meetings with mentor need to occur February-July 2023 (no less than one meeting per month). Mentor-mentee pairs will establish their own call schedules.
Eligible applications will be further evaluated using a scoring criteria to prioritize the ones that will be awarded.
|Mission Aligned: Event and event provider align with Women in Agile’ s mission||1-5|
|Engaged: Applicant is engaged and makes an impact in the women in agile community||1-5|
|Significance: Applicant demonstrates a strong case for mentoring importance or need||1-5|
|Clear Impact: Mentorship is likely to make a significant impact that is clearly outlined and demonstrates what will be accomplished||1-5|
Back to the mentorship program